The printed version of the tract has been translated into over fifty languages with more on the way. I’d love to help get a version into your language! Below is all the information you need to get the ball rolling.
How A Cartoon Translation Gets Made
Step 1: Translating the text. Download the English text and get it translated yourself (see guidelines below). To ensure the greatest possible accuracy, please have your translation reviewed by a fluent language speaker. Then send it back to me.
Step 2: Modifying the art. Since the length of each sentence will change from one language to another, each word balloon and text box in the cartoon must be re-sized to make sure the translated text fits. I may also need to redraw elements. Depending on the language and culture I may also change the skin color or make other tweaks.
Step 3: Final Approval. The translated cartoon will be sent back to you to be reviewed for typos and other errors.
Step 4: Setup for Printing. Once everything is approved the files will be uploaded and you’ll be notified that everything is complete! The tract will be added to the list of available languages as a free download available to all.
How long will it take?
This is a 100% volunteer ministry that I work on in my spare time. The good news is that this tract is very popular. The bad news that each translation takes time to complete and there’s currently a backlog of translations requests. I very much want to help get the tract into your language but it may take several months. Or, for a one-time fee of $250 I can add your translation to my freelance schedule which will greatly accelerate the process and allow me to have it done for you in just a couple of weeks.
OK, How Do I Get Started?
1. Space is extremely limited. Please be as concise as possible (without sounding stilted or awkward).
2. Use all-caps! (No lowercase.) Cartoon text read much better in all-caps.
3. Indicate any bold or italicized text in your translation if appropriate.
4. If you are using a non-western font you must provide a link where I can download and install the appropriate font.
5. If your language is spoken primarily by a non-caucasian culture please let me know. I may be able to change Mr. Nice Guy’s hair and skin color accordingly.
Thanks very much for your help! If you have any questions please feel free contact me. I’ll get back to you as soon as I can.